Grandparents Day Coloring Pages

Hi guys, on September 7, it's Grandparents Day. Do you know what this mean ? I know, because I remember each year, when I was a young little boy my mother asking me if I wanted to color a beautiful drawing to offer as a gift to my Grandparents for this special occasion. But I remember also that every times my grandparents came to my house it was a special occasion because I love them so much, so they received a lots and lots of coloring from me over all those years. Here's an historical information about Grandparents Day: The National Grandparents Day originated with Marian McQuade, a housewife in Fayette County, West Virginia. Her primary motivation was to champion the cause of lonely elderly in nursing homes. She also hoped to persuade grandchildren to tap the wisdom and heritage their grandparents could provide. President Jimmy Carter, in 1978, proclaimed that National Grandparents Day would be celebrated every year on the first Sunday after Labor Day. I just found for you some great Grandparents day free coloring pages sheets websites links : Enjoy! Grandparents day.

coloringbookfun.com/
akidsheart.com/holidays/grand/grandprint.htm

No comments: